Saturday, August 9, 2014

Writing lets me make a difference...

I believe it is important to give back.
 
I believe each of us can make a difference.

What if you knew of seven little bright minds who are just starting out in life.

The do not have much.  They are homeless.

What if by giving them a brown bag lunch,  they could go spend a day in a forest with an incredible teacher that loves her students.

The way I did it, was to donate healthy brown bag lunches so that a group of homeless children all under the age of six could spend a day in the forest.  I also gave them each a little notebook and a box of 24 crayons. (Future writers?)  They each received a gold badge for becoming an "Official Forest Explorer".

I can tell you what happens... These little kid's minds were filled with possibilities.  They made colored pictures of things they saw in the forest in their little spiral notebook.  They connected to something bigger than their daily struggles.

Thank you Ms. Meyers for allowing me to help, and for your dedicated love of children.

I am making her an official Member of the Aggi Network.


No comments: